The name of the group shall be Essex Mind and Spirit, hereafter referred to as EMS.
The aims of Essex Mind and Spirit shall be:
- To equip and support the establishment and running of local cluster groups
- To provide training for faith communities and provider organisations
- To organise conferences and seminars
To co-ordinate a multi agency approach to mental health and spirituality issues across Essex and take an overall facilitating role:
In furtherance of the aims, but not otherwise, the Management Committee may exercise the power to:
- Promote the mental health and wellbeing of the residents of Essex and to work together as interested people irrespective of age, sex, ethnicity, ability, religion or political view.
- Reduce stigma and improve understanding by educating, encouraging and assisting the local faith communities and statutory service providers in awareness of mental health and spirituality, working in partnership with similar groups and organisations.
- Invite and receive contributions and raise funds where appropriate, to finance the work of EMS, and to open a bank account to manage such funds.
- Publicise and promote the work of Essex Mind and Spirit and organise meetings, training courses, events or seminars.
- Work with groups of a similar nature and exchange information, advice and knowledge with them, including cooperation with other voluntary bodies, charities, statutory and non-statutory organisations.
- Employ a project administrator to manage grant funded projects and any such staff and volunteers (who shall not be members of the Management Committee) as are necessary to conduct activities to meet the aims.
- Take appropriate lawful action which is necessary to achieve the aims of EMS.
- (i) Membership shall be open to anyone who has an interest in assisting Essex Mind and Spirit to achieve its aim and is willing to adhere to the aims of EMS.
- (ii) Where it is considered membership would be detrimental to the aims and activities of Essex Mind and Spirit, the Management Committee shall have the power to refuse membership, or may terminate or suspend the membership of any member by resolution passed at a meeting. Members shall have the right to appeal via an independent adjudicator determined by the management committee.
- (iii) Any member of the association may resign his/her membership by providing the Secretary with written notice.
5) MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- (i) Essex Mind and Spirit shall be administered by a management committee of no fewer than three (3) people and no more than fifteen (15), who must be at least 18 years of age. Members will be elected for a period of up to one year, but may be re-elected at Essex Mind and Spirit’s AGM.
- (i) Essex Mind and Spirit shall have a committee consisting of:
and any additional officers Essex Mind and Spirit deems necessary at the meeting required to carry out the required activities.
- (i) The committee shall meet at least three times a year. Meetings shall enable EMS to discuss actions and monitor progress to date, and to consider future developments.
- (ii) All members shall be given at least ten (10) days notice of when a meeting is due to take place, unless it is deemed as an emergency.
- (iii) Five (5) of committee members must be present in order for a meeting to take place.
- (iv) It shall be the responsibility of the Chairperson to chair all meetings or a designated deputy in his/her absence. All meetings must be minuted and accessible to interested parties.
- (v) The AGM shall take place no later than three months after the end of the financial year. At least fourteen (14) days’ notice must be given before the meeting takes place.
- (vi) All members are entitled to vote at the AGM. Voting shall be made by a show of hands on a majority basis. In the case of a tied vote, the Chairperson or an appointed deputy shall make the final decision.
- (i) Any money acquired by EMS, including donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the Management Committee in the name of Essex Mind and Spirit. All funds must be applied to the aims of Essex Mind and Spirit and for no other purpose.
- (ii) Bank accounts shall be opened in the name of Essex Mind and Spirit. Any deeds, cheques etc relating to Essex Mind and Spirit’s bank account shall be signed by at least two (2) of the following committee members: Chairperson; Treasurer; Secretary.
- (iii) Any income/expenditure shall be the responsibility of the Treasurer who will be accountable to ensure funds are utilised effectively and that Essex Mind and Spirit stays within budget. Official accounts shall be maintained, and will be examined annually by an independent accountant who is not a member of Essex Mind and Spirit. An annual financial report shall be presented at the AGM. Essex Mind and Spirit’s accounting year shall run from 01 April to 31 March.
9) ALTERATION OF THE CONSTITUTION
- (i) Any changes to this constitution must be agreed by a majority vote at a special general meeting.
- (ii) Amendments to this constitution or dissolution of Essex Mind and Spirit must be conveyed to the Secretary formally in writing. The Secretary and other officers shall then decide on the date of a special general meeting to discuss such proposals, giving members at least four weeks (28 days) notice.
- (i) Essex Mind and Spirit may be dissolved if deemed necessary by the members in a majority vote at a special meeting. Any assets or remaining funds after debts have been paid shall be returned to their providers or transferred to local charities or similar groups at the discretion of the Management Committee.
This constitution was adopted on 25th March 2012 by:
This constitution was adopted on 25th March 2012 by:
Secretary …S. Naeem…………
Print name:…Sidra Naeem…
4 March 2010